Cleveland Show

Well, my hang-over is staring to subside so I'll give you some thoughts
on the Cleveland show before I'm forced to take another nap.

So much for Pete's hurt wrist.  Right from the get-go he windmilled &
attacked his guitar with the same vigor as in Atlanta.  He might have
toned down his soloing just a tad in order to preserve his tender wrist
but I don't want to give the impression that his playing was weak.  It
wasn't at all.

This show somehow seemed a bit more aggressive than Atlanta.  I
could hear OX much better but this might be due to the fact that I was
sitting about 20 rows back on the floor (Pete's side).

Daltrey was in fine form again.  My friend Jeff, who I took to the show,
doesn't like it when Daltrey tries to take charge of The WHO's live shows.
At this show, he said, Daltrey did a great job & knew his place.  After all,
these current concerts are more like The Pete Townshend Show, & with
Pete in such good spirits, why *would* Daltrey try to usurp his presence?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You probably know by now that Pete did an acoustic version of "Sheraton
Gibson."  I don't care for this song & would've preferred "Drowned" but
oh well.  It seemed a spontaneous gesture from Pete & that was nice.

Oh yeah, Pete had a big ace bandage on his wrist & seemed eager to raise
his arm to show the crowd what he was playing through.  He did quite a few
of the really-fast-multiple-successive-windmills.  I kept thinking, "Gosh, Pete.
Be careful!"

No other surprises to report.  The show was solid & tough.  Another friend
of mine & her sister (WHO show virgins) were very impressed.  The arena
was about 7/8's full.

Pre-show was a blast.  I got to Flannery's about 6:15 & finally met WHO
freak Kevin from VT. & his WHO freak friend Stu.  We had a blast drinking
& talking.  It was almost like I had known these guys for years.  WHO friends
are the best!

Also on hand were people from Maine (Bob & others) & a surprise appearance
by Dan from Texas who was also great fun to talk to.  The bar was hopping
with dozens of concert-goers.  About every 20 minutes Kevin would start a
WHO chant/cheer/toast & the whole bar would erupt in wonderful WHO
spirit.  "That is *so* easy," Kevin would say afterward.  We really were a
wild bunch.

After the show, Kevin & Stu followed me & Jeff back to my WHO pad for
some late night festivities & of course, WHO tunes.  It turns out Kevin *was*
unable to type a review at that time, & so was I for that matter!  Too much
of everything was too much for us!

Kevin, I hope you & Stu made it back to the airport OK.  It was truly a
great experience meeting you guys.  I look forward to getting together an-
other time in the near future.

Well I'm a bit sad, thinking that my WHO 2000 experience is now over.
Four magnificent shows & tons of energetic, crazy WHO freaks.  What a
blast!  Everybody enjoy the MSG shows, & Europe, watch out.  You're
the next stop on the Magic Bus!  And you won't be disapponted.

LONG LIVE THE WHO!!!!!

- SCHRADE in Akron