Atlanta DAT tape

Hello all,
   I DAT taped the Atlanta show, no cuts, entire show.
I have put it to CDR as of today. Although I set the
peaks at around -12db, it is still distorted in the
louder sections. Did anyone else tape the show? How'd
yours turn out? This is probably my favorite show by
anyone I have ever seen anywhere. If anyone else can
hook me up with a better quality recording than what I
have I would be much obliged.
                                        -LW