more RAH thoughts

The donations for this event amounted to a fairly tidy sum, but I've
been thinking about the difference between this and the Javits benefit
which raised such a stupendous amount.  Roger said it was harder to
raise money in the UK, likely because of the smaller economy, but it'd
be interesting to compare how the two benefits were conducted.  Anybody
have any thoughts along this line?

The Javits benefit was a fairly exclusive event, for one thing, and
likely some very wealthy people were invited.  It wasn't something
aimed at the general run-of-the-mill whofan.  Since we've just seen the
list of wealthy rock stars, I hope Mick Jagger, Ringo Starr, Keith
Richards, et al made substantial contributions to the cause.

LB