2000 Tour CD Bootlegs

Just in time for the holidays, WHO 2000 tour CD boots are popping up.
Here's a review of one of 'em:

THE WHO - TOUR 2000 SDBD COLLECTION

First off, the "SBDB" stands for "soundboard" even though *some* of this
material is definitely *not* from the soundboard.  Track listing & comments:

1. I Can't Explain  (Pittsburgh)
2. Substitute  (Pittsburgh)
   Good quality mono (the whole disc is in mono, it seems).  Were these
   Pete-website MP3's?  I can't remember?

3. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere  (Chicago)
4. The Relay (Chicago)
   Recorded off the radio (in between songs you hear a DJ announce that
   you're listening to The WHO on The Loop.  Mono again but decent
   quality.  "Relay" gets a bit butchered by the band.

5. I'm One  (Camden)
   Audience recording?  Sounds like it.  Not too great.

6. The Seeker  (Holmdel)
   Sounds like another audience recording.  A little bit better, though.

7. The Kids Are Alright  (Dallas)
   Sounds like an MP3.  Very good.  Mega-extended version.  Boy, those
   kids sure are alright.

8. Organ Jam  (Mt. View)
   Rabbit getting his due!  I'm embarrassed to say I can't tell what song it's
   taken from.  Help!

9. Bass Solo  (Mt. View)
   Kinda disappointing cause it's only like the last *30 seconds* of John's
   bass solo.  Boooo!  Hisssss!

10. Anyway, Anyhow, Anyway  (San Diego)
   More MP3-sounding stuff.  Not the best version of this song.  Kinda short.

11. The Relay  (San Diego)
   MP3.  I remember downloading this one!  Nice version.

12. I Can't Explain  (Pittsburgh)
13. Substitute  (Pittsburgh)
   These two repeats aren't even listed on the track listing.  Taken from the
   radio (WDVE DJ intro included) these are muddier than tracks 1 & 2.
   Confusing as to why these poorer sounding repeats were tacked on.

14. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere  (Chicago)
15. The Relay  (Chicago)
   Again, not listed on the CD's back cover, these are the radio versions.
   Not too different from tracks 3 & 4 except you get a DJ intro *before*
   AAA this time & a longer DJ "outro" after "Relay."

That's it.  For the collector only, I guess.  Better packaging & less repetition
of songs would've helped this CD boot.  I'll probably put a few of these
tunes on cassette to jam in my car but it's not a CD I'll return to time & time
again.

Final Grade: C

- SCHRADE in Akron