Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #316 & Hooks

>Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 05:16:51 EST
>From: PellegrinoLand@aol.com
>
>I saw 7 Quad.
>shows in 96-97. Simon played lead at one of these shows and he was
>terrible... [snip]

Troll alert.

>Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 20:57:16 -0500
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>
>Yes, it's very American of me to define it as such. Ameri-centric, I guess.
>But I still don't think of The Who as a Pop band, no matter how hard I try.

I don't either, I think of them as a rock band...but if pressed, I usually
slot them into a category all their own.  I was just trying to avert some
confusion based on differing definitions.

>Freddie and the Dreamers were a Pop band. NSYNC is a Pop band. Type O
>Negative is not. For instance.

I've only heard of one of these bands, but I think we're on the same page.

Cheers,

Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true."
   --Howard Stern, 5/25/00