Re: Pop Who

LB writes:

>That would be a great tour, wouldn't it?  The Who plays their sixties
>pop hits?  How's this for a list?

>The Kids Are Alright
>A Legal Matter
>Mary Ann With the Shaky Hands
>I'm a Boy
>Anytime You Want Me (bigtime!!!)
>I'm the Face
>Under My Thumb
>My Way
>Faith in Something Bigger
>Glow Girl
>Little Billy
>Too Much of Anything

This sounds like it could be the "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy Meets Odds and Sods" Tour.  Of course, you would need to add the mother of all U.S. singles, ICSFM, along with I Can't Reach You (love it), Early Morning Cold Taxi, and, of course, ICE, MB, HJ, PW, MG, AAA, Substitute, The Seeker, etc.

Speaking of MBBB, when vinyl was still prevalent, this is the album I used to introduce prospective fans to get a "convenient" feel for their 60s repertoire before the operatic and more progressive rock phases (Tommy, WN, Quad). I still do it, but the Polydor CD is not widely available.  It's rarely, if ever, seen in any record store in the Long Island area.  I have seen it in Toronto, of course. It is also available from CDNOW.COM, but friends have told me it sounds like crap because of the master tape problems and the awful A to D transfer, so I've hesitated to recommend it. Anyone think otherwise?