Re: Pure pop for now people

> During the Beatles special, I kept waiting for them to say something like
> "The Beatles were this and that, but The Who were the ultimate Rock band.

Face it Mark.  If Rolling Stone magazine no longer has a clue what is or isn't
pop music, ABC certainly won't.

For my money:
The Beatles were the best pop band ever,
The Rolling Stones were the best British rhythm & blues band
and The Who were the best rock band.

They all changed over to the others' style at one point or another but none
really shined in the other's field. Well, maybe The Beatles did R&B well on
their first two albums but I wouldn't count their few forays into rock music to
be anywhere near as successful as The Who.  Before anyone gets confused, by
successful I mean artistically, not commercially.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm