No Subject

"In the first Days In The Life programme, the 1970 Isle of Wight festival,
hordes of half-dressed hippies wander across my screen. Were we really so matted
and bedraggled? Where had all the beautiful crushed velvet people gone? Probably
hobnobbing backstage with rock royalty, who, oblivious to the mud and lavatorial
conditions out front, won't play until they get their money. A young protester
sticks his head through the fence. He sees Roger Daltrey of The Who. 'Music
should be free!' he declaims. 'Fuck you' says Daltrey, and whacks him on the
head."

Full article at:
http://www.guardianunlimited.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4091796,00.html

        -Brian in Atlanta