Rolling Stone top 100 pop songs

The latest issue of Rolling Stone has a rather pointless, space-filling
article listing the "top 100 pop songs of the modern era" that was
co-written with MTV.  RS defines the modern era as post- "I Wanna Hold Your
Hand" (1964).  It is a sure sign that the magazine has too much space and
too little to say.  I think the list leans too heavily on the last 5 years,
gives way too much weight to songs with catchy videos, and is too light on
the R&B.

Anywho, "My Generation" is number 33 and they have a small piece about the
origins of the song that rehashes some old PT interviews.  It is slightly
interesting.  I would argue that The Who do not belong in this list at all.
While MG is a great song, it does not rank (in my mind) as top pop.

Jeff