Re: Whocare

To those who have commented on US healtcare (including Pete):  Evidence
that we are not ready to provide healthcare to all our children and poor
can be found in the liberal enclave of Massachusetts.

Evem we failed to pass a ballot initiative that was supported by the
Prince of Socialized Medicine - Ted Kennedy.  This law would have
prevented not-for-profit HMOs from going for-profit (among other things).
 It was roundly defeated by the corporations who have an interest in
letting our un-feeling market forces prevail.  They controlled the
argument that health coverage is about freedom and capitalism.

As a practical matter the forces of greed and dispassionate captialism
will ALWAYS win on this issue in this country.

Cynical Jeff in Massachusetts
(aka Sour Grapes Jeff to you Conservatives out there)