RE: A question of classification ?

>From: whokee_nut@lineone.net
>Subject: Got a question
>
>I have no idea why I just said all of that, but if you want to argue or
>agree with me then go ahead.
>
>Agree.
>
>I really only wanted to know why Keith taught Zac to play drums instead of
>Ringo.

I don't think Ringo could touch Keith with a ten foot pole. Period.
Well, not really period.  I've read that Keith really was somewhat of a
surrogate dad to Zack, and always paid extra attention to the kid during all
those shin-digs those rock stars threw back in the day.  Also bought him his
first real set.  Hell, it's Uncle Keith!
If you had the two styles to choose from, what would *you* do?
Zack's no fool. :-)  (Ringo, I respect your drumming, but........we're
talking about Keith here.   ok?)
Go to thewho.net/news and click on Zack's home page.  Some great stories to
be found.

<From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Roger pontificates
>
>>The Who's music can be catergorized - it is Rock.  Call it Classic-rock,
>>Brit-rock, Prog-rock, White-rock, Pretentious-Rock, Punk-Rock or Who-Rock
>>it is still Rock.
>
>I don't agree with this.  There came a point were they departed from the
>Rock genre and became pretty much unclassifiable.
>keets

I got your back on this one Keets!
Sorry Jeff.
Go listen to Tommy and try and classify *that* .
I just recently did my annual Quad listen while driving through foliage
country.
*No* classification would fit. (Still kicks unbelievable fucking
un-explainable ass to the point of giving me total goose bumps and getting
me screaming and air drumming.  Too fucking good.  Quad
is.......is.......is.....oh fuck it, no word gives it justice.)
Opera?  In Rock?
And *that's* just one face of the multi personality monster.

Kevin in VT.