Got a question

Dear everyone,

Right, this has puzzled me for a while, I hope you can all help me out.

We all know who Zac's dad is.  So how come Keith Moon taught Zac to play drums when Ringo could hvae done it just as easily?  Is it cos Keith's a much better drummer?

Don't get me wrong, I love The Beatles with a passion (I consider it my duty as a decent Scouser to be a Beatles fan!), but I was thinking about this last night as I was falling asleep.  The Who are absolutely fantastic musicians, we are all agreed, and The Beatles are the best band of all time, as the record books show.  But The Beatles didn't ever actually PLAY as well as The Who.  They wrote much better songs than Pete Townshend ever did.  I think they concentrated on the actual songwriting more than the playing, while The Who concentrated on the playing more on the songwriting, if you get what I mean.

What I mean in a sort of roundabout way is.  When people talk about great bassists of all time, they'll always mention John Entwistle before Paul McCartney, or for great drummers they'll mention Keith Moon before Ringo Starr.  But if you mention the greatest songwriters of all time, the first two names you're going to hear will undoubtedly be "Lennon and McCartney" before you hear "Pete Townshend".  Am I the only one to have noticed that?

I have no idea why I just said all of that, but if you want to argue or agree with me then go ahead.  I really only wanted to know why Keith taught Zac to play drums instead of Ringo.

Peace, love and Paul McCartney (for aesthetics only, of course!)

Heather xx