Glasgow

I believe this is a review of the Friday night show, from the PeteTownshend
list:

>What a contrast to the NEC show!!!
No sitters, NO SEATS, and If there were the mood these decendents of William
Wallace were in they would have ripped the F*****s out!! The band came out
at 8.45 and it was obvious from the outset that this crowd were gonna get
right behind the band and have a bloody good time. It was also obvious that
Pete was not in a good mood, He hardly spoke all evening so there was no
interaction with the crowd.
This could have been a Who gig from 20 years ago, with mainly 20 year old
testosterone fueled males in front of the stage and a constant chant of 'we
are the Mods, we are the Mods' as well as a constant stream of bodies being
passed to the front all evening ( much to the bewilderment off Pete and
amusement of Roger. As I said Pete was quite, but his guitar playing was a
lot more focused and he gave the impression he had a job to do.

I won't do a break down of each song because each song seemed to mould into
the next, they were that furious, hardly a break in between.
The stand out tracks were 'My Wife'with plenty of aggresive soloing and
winmills from Pete, after which Roger voiced his concerns about people being
squashed at the front. 'Bargain' was also a joy to hear again with some
excellent keyboard playing from Rabbit.  Roger was nearly drowned out by the
crowd when singing 'Pinball Wizard'.
'Who are you?' Was again for me the highlight of the show with all the band
so intune with each other that it bought the best out of them all,
especially Pete and Rabbit. 5.15 was again storming with an excellent solo
from Pete before Roger slowed it down and spent a couple of minutes letting
it just tick over which kept John waiting and made Pete smile (The first of
the evening). When he finnaly
heard the THUNDER Johns Solo was a lot better than the at the NEC and the
crowd showed there appreciation and respect. Pete seemed to not want the
song to end and played some nice solos, excellent.

There was no accoustic Drowned/Im One, I think they knew it wasnt the place
or atmosphere to play it. the same could be said for Joe Strummer knowing it
wasnt the place to play a lot of his newer stuff (as at the NEC), all the
crowd wanted off him was old Clash songs, He didnt dissapointed!

The set finished with a rousing (and crushing) W.G.F.A

During the Encore the crush at the front was worse but thankfully the
security were handing out water to cool people down.Magic Bus was the same
as the Nec version. TKAA was good but Pete didnt seem to want to include
many extra lyrics. The bonus of the night was 'Mary-anne' which cooled the
mob down before My Generation drove them back into a frenzy with Pete again
giving the guitar lots of abuse, and Rabbit contributing sweeping bluesy
sounds. One hell of a show!!!

Only low point I saw. Roger threw his harp at a pretty girl in front of me,
only for her to have it torn out of her hand (drawing blood and nearly
breaking her fingers)by an animal behind her(you jerk).

Roll on sunday!!!