RE: Newalbum - The Boy who Heard Music - Thongs

>Has he expressed pessimism?  Yes, but when doesn't he.
>If there's a specific quote that has you thinking this way, please post it.
>I'm interested.

Everybody's been very optimistic, actually, until this last interview of
Roger's which seems to backtrack.  I'm wondering is this a reprint of an old
interview, though.  Haven't I read it somewhere before?

> >Plus 8) Pete has recently discussed his latest idea for a grand project,
>THE BOY WHO HEARD MUSIC.
>
>Hate to do it to you again Keets, but more details please!

http://www.petetownshend.com/press_release_diary_display.cfm?id=2783

Jeff has posted the pertinent paragraphs.  Pete doesn't say it's going to be
a music album, of course.  It might be a movie, or a play, or maybe his
newest effort at a (fictionalized) autobiography.  Still, in light of the
successful tour, it sounds very promising.

>published interview with John found on Wall of Sound that has John saying
>they are talking about a possible tour.  That was the first indication, yet
>no one wanted to believe.

When John says it, it's a done deed.  He always hears the news from the
roadies, he says.  ;)

>And if they *did* tour, "it would suck" was the best and most optimistic
>response.

TED?  Ha.  And that after the QUAD tour.  ;)

> >What I want to know is this:  You're telling me, that in all those 800,
>or however many,  pieces of music Pete has stashed away, there isn't a few
>song ideas to mine from?  A new WHO album doesn't have to consist of
>brand-spanking-new Pete songs, right?  Why not look for something he's
>already written?
>
>I'll bet you money he's looking.  I also believe he'll find.

Maybe--but once he's got an idea, I'd say his big problem is what to do with
all the extra songs.  There's not much need to dig though the archives in
search of old material that doesn't quite fit.

keets