Re: New Album?

--- Scott wrote:

> I'm not sure he *can* go there.  Some artists can
> crank out product
> continuously or on demand.  Pete can't.  I believe
> he tried & was frustrated
> with the results (pure speculation) & that's why
> he's back-pedalling a bit.
I feel it's because he can't put himself into it.
Maybe it's just harder for him to get into the swing
of things when it comes to writing for a group again.

> What I want to know is this:  You're telling me,
> that in all those 800, or
> however many,  pieces of music Pete has stashed
> away, there isn't a few
> song ideas to mine from?  A new WHO album doesn't
> have to consist of
> brand-spanking-new Pete songs, right?  Why not look
> for something he's
> already written?
He may not want that to be material recorded by The
Who.  In the latter Who days it seemed he wrote for
the band and then also for himself.  He makes
distinctions between what songs are Who songs and what
songs are Pete songs.  He may not feel that that
material is appropriate "Who" material.  Or maybe some
of it has to be pushed more, in that case he would
need to get into the recording studio with the band
hash it out.  I'm not Pete so I wouldn't know, but
that would be my guess.

Shanna