Re: The Who's Tommy

>     I never saw the broadway production, even though it came to Austin
>during the summer. I was 11 at the time, and from what I had seen and
>heard of it, I didn't want to go. I was perfectly happy with the movie
>(ERNIE!) :)

Alex,

Why didn't you want to see the Broadway production?

Now that I think I about it, I saw a TV ad for it that featured a
quasi-doo-wop (not that there's anything wrong with that) version of
"Tommy Can You Hear Me" that made me go, "Hmm?" But I saw the show
(touring company) and enjoyed it very much. Obviously, it's not the
same as the movie; it takes itself a bit more seriously than the
movie. The ending takes a different (opposite?) direction than the
movie.

I highly recommend the 2-CD Original Cast Recording (ignore the
incomplete 1-CD version). It includes two new PT songs, "I Believe My
Own Eyes" and "Sally Simpson's Question."

Jim

[On winning Gore's "home" state of Tennessee:] "I'm not trying to,
I'm going to. Because the people of Tennessee, they know we can do a
better job."
	- George W. Bush, next winner of the "I do solemnly swear
that I will faithfully execute the Office of the President of the
United States" award