Re: PJ

----- Original Message -----
From: <Kentthe1@aol.com>
To: <thewho@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 3:42 PM
Subject: PJ

> Here's what People.com said about Pearl Jam's new one:
>
> <<. "Breakerfall" struts forth with an arrogant bombast reminiscent of The
> Who in their prime. >>
>
> There's also a song with Eddie Vedder and a mandolin/or ukelele that
sounds
> suspiciously similar to Blue, Red and Grey.

The story I heard (from a PJ friend) was that Ed had declared that he
wouldn't be playing guitar on this album.  That there was a moratorium so to
speak and the and one day he was sitting around the studio and he saw this
ukelele and said  to himself, "Ed, that's not a guitar."   And that's how we
got that song.  Thought that was a cute story.

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://woof.simplenet.com/Roger/index.html