From: Anne Holcomb [mailto:Aholcomb@albion.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 1:26 PM
To: TheWho@igtc.com; TheWho-Digest@igtc.com
Subject: Lost Who Single?

Has anyone ever heard of a song by the Who entitled "Aphrodite"?
my friend swears he heard this song on the radio and that he could recognize
Keith's drumming anywhere, but he's never heard it since and I've never
heard it at all.  Does this exist????  could it be another band with Keith
guest starring on drums???/ what does it all mean???
As for the Stones bashing that seems to be going on....I like the
Stones.....not as much as the who but better than a lot of other stuff.  You
have to give Keith Richards props for still being able to stand and play the
guitar after all the chemicals that have circulated through his body, and he
still acts like he knows he's a cool cat. Mick Jagger is insufferable
however.
Some stones songs affect me just like the who- paint it black for example.
angry and beautiful.  someone said something about women in rock---women are
shafted in the rock world.  Patti Smith is about the only female artist out
there right now that can really get up on stage and rock-- I think that
women are not as admired for virtuosity or musical innovation but rather how
good they look on stage, how they dance, etc.  We've still got a long way
before women are equal in the world of music, in my opinion.  Just look at
britney speers and her boob job.
ANNE