Re: Hey Hey My My Rock n' Roll will NEVER die!

> From:Jess(jester13_us@yahoo.com)
> Hey this is my first post!Please tell me what you
> think! (sorry if I piss anyone off!)
>
> Okay people have been saying that the Who should
> probaly retire.Also I have seen people compare the who
> to the rolling stones!WHAT!!! I disagree here are my
> reasons why:
>
> (and with this reason I know Kathy
> (http://woof.simplenet.com/Roger/people.htm)will agree
> with me!)
>
> 1.Who would you rather see peform and sing directly in
> front of you ugly,thin,annoying-chicken dancing,Mick
> Jagger or Cute,muscular,healthy,mic swinging,Roger
> Daltrey?

That would be me, and I must *partially* disagree with you in that I will
love the music even *if* Roger was no longer "Cute,muscular,healthy,mic
swinging".

> 2.Who would you rather see a person who looks like he
> was attacked by buzzards and can barely stand(keith
> richards)or a person who looks healthy and peforms
> extremly well on stage(Pete Townshend)?

I'd rather see Pete with or without Roger (want that to be clear as well).
It's not Rog's absence or presence that makes a show with him better than a
Stones show in my view.  It's because the Stones music leaves me cold.  I
*do* enjoy their music though.  Let me make that slightly clearer too....if
I'm listening to the radio and it's a choice between a Who song or
*anything* else, the Who win, hands down no question.  After that however,
there *are* Stones songs I will choose  over somone elses music (and vice
versa)

> 3.The Stones haven't came up with anything original
> since the damn 70!

Don't know enough about them to agree or refute that.

> Well my list of reasons go on but I don't want to bore
> anybody (assuming I already didn't)

Didn't bore me

> So how did I do?

Not bad

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://woof.simplenet.com/Roger/index.html