Re: rock is dead and retirement

i remember once reading a magizine with an article
featuring buddy guy and the rolling stones (the band
for u slows :)) anyways, when the rolling stones were
asked about retiring they answered (alongthese lines i
forget the exact): u wouldnt ask buddy guy or any
blues artist that, so why ask us?  when the music has
retired we might, but not until then.  rock and roll
is not dead.  it will never die.  as long as there is
a feeling of rebellion and difiance and of anger and
rage and love and hope and every other feeling rock
and roll will live.  that my freinds, will be an
eternity.  its a bargin, the best i ever had.

Sid

--- Phil McRevis <legalize@xmission.com> wrote:
> Frankly, I don't understand these "its all been done
> before, so rock is
> dead" arguments.  Take a look at the blues.  You
> could have said the
> blues was over with around 1930, yet I still enjoy
> B.B. King, Muddy
> Waters, Stevie Ray Vaughn (sp?).
>
> The same thing goes for all the "they should retire"
> arguments.
> Nobody expects Muddy Waters or B.B. King to "retire"
> simply because
> they got older.  Muddy still played "I'm a Man"
> until his death and
> B.B. King (please don't tell me he's passed on and I
> didn't know about
> it!) still plays "Lucille" and I don't hear anyone
> bitching about it.
>
> I think the reason these things come up with rock
> bands is because
> rock initially appealed to teenagers as a rebellious
> form of music.
> Once rock became commercialized, it was marketed
> solely as a "young
> person's phenomenon", so the Madison Avenue machine
> has inculcated
> within us all this idea that it has to be for "kids"
> only.
>
> I say FUCK Madison Avenue's prepackaged
> commercialized notions and
> keep making and listening to the music you want to
> hear.  Who cares if
> the basic blues progression is old and has been done
> a thousand
> million times?  I still like it.
> --
> <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize
> Adulthood!
>     ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,
>       at the wrong end of the race?''--PDBT
>       <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/who/>

=====
Life is a dark, desolate plain.  Life is also a bright and shinning garden.  Which one you live is up to you.--bJb