RE: BO'R DESECRATED !!!

> I *did* see the new Nissan commercial which uses parts
> >of "Baba O'Riley."
> >This embarrassing commercial features idiots driving around a field
> >(a ha !) in Nissans & playing polo or something.  You know, arms out
> >the window, swinging a mallet....absurd & cliche'.  Ah, advertising.....
> >Worse yet, Roger's voice is not featured.  Just music.  Poop.
> >Final grade for latest WHO-related TV commercial:  D-
> >Next !!!!
> >- SCHRADE in Akron

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I've never been one to mind the recent flurry of
"Who Commercials".  In fact, I've enjoyed them all.....until this one.
There is something about using this Who-famous looping synth track in a
commercial that bugs me.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but it bugs the
shit out of me.  The closest I can get to explaining it is that for me this
one track dives to the heart of The Who.
	Knowing the meaning behind BOR and Lifehouse, and knowing what Pete
wanted/wants to do with "peoples numerical values" to achieve the "one note"
is what is driving my negative feeling about the use of this track. I don't
know, but this track for me should have been off limits.  It's damn close to
a religious prayer.
	Like I've said (and am proving here) I can't quite put it in words,
but blasphemy comes to mind.  I know, if it's ok with Pete it should be ok
with me.

	BUT........If I see one more SUV commercial with trucks tearing up
countryside or mountain roads, I'm gonna SCREAM!!  I'm not an environmental
"radicalist", but there *is* a line.  Anyone who mountainbikes knows that
locking your tires and skidding on dirt or gravel is the quickest way to
cause damage and is TABOO!
	So, lets just keep teaching all of America that taking your SUV
off-road and ripping up the landscape is *COOL*!
	Not cool at all.   I guess this is also contributing to my negative
feeling.
	One would hope (at least I do) that the manufacturers would be a
little more responsible.
	Ok, ok, but I can keep hoping can't I .

	Kevin in VT.