Re: another (belated) blues to bush review

> >If you hate the new cd I don't dispute your taste.  >>
>
> I don't hate it. I'd rather have it than not have it. What's
> unfortunate about it, is the band doesn't think enough of themselves
to have it professionally mixed and mastered...

Tsk, tsk.  After everybody's been saying they wanted the live stuff as
little modified as possible? ;)

I think the general idea here was to issue a live cd with as little up
front cost as possible.  Obviously TED plan to establish a web
presence, but that's still experimental compared to the traditional
music business--plus they don't exactly know how well they'll be
received.  It wouldn't be good business to invest a lot in engineering.

> > In general, however, all post-Moon drumming "blows" in comparison
> to Keith in my opinion.  All this is about opinions anyway.

We've had quite a lot of discussion on Pete's choice of guitar for this
mini-tour, and the usual on Zak's ability to mimic Keith Moon, but what
did everybody think of the different musical styles represented on this
cd?  They've actually shifted several times, even within one song, and
I believe Zak stretched out a little.

I do hear the old seventies Who here and there in the jams, and I do
love that sound--this huge machine rocking along just IS The Who.  I
also liked the laid back bluesy shifts, and that drum rhythm at the end
of "My Generation" really caught my ear.  What I like least is the
chaotic, noisy segments--they don't make much musical sense and tend to
be annoying.  Despite the complaints about poor backing vocals, there
were a few harmonies that were unusual and especially nice, and some
other excellent effects.  I didn't much like the feedback in the messy
sections, but laid over a regular rhythm, it was terrific.

Comments?  Did anybody hear something they especially liked or
disliked?

LB