The first two

>1921 Blandford Square
>Large Honker, England
>     051945

Scott:

Well done.

>     The bonus tracks are........

Keith:

I would have been disappointed with them, but the choices I made were:

Circles (Talmy-produced version)/ICE/Bald Headed Woman/Anyway Anyhow
Anywhere (French single w/alt. vocal)/Anytime You Want Me/Shout And
Shimmy/Lubie (Come Back Home)/Motoring/Heatwave (original version)/Circles
(band-produced version)/Substitute (US single version, w/alt lyrics)/Waltz
For A Pig (The Who Orchestra)

As you can see, it brings together all the material prior to AQO as well as
including the now out-of-print tracks from Who's/Two's Missing and the
infamous WFAP.
Anyway, that's what I would hope for from Polydor/MCA should they ever get
their hot little hands on the master tapes. Look, some Who fans MUST be
criminals (I mean, it's inevitable). Can't they break into Talmy's house or
wherever he keeps the tapes and just steal them? Let's get ON with it
already!

>before, pick up the boot "A Stereo Quick One While Pete's Away" for the
same
>reasons! By far, THE best sounding version of that album hands down!

I wonder about the source of that one. The stereo AQO is the reason I got
Phases, which as far as I know at this point is the only source for it, and
even then So Sad is in fake stereo (but true stereo on the US CD release).
It definitely is far superior to the remaster released by MCA. It's obvious
immediately.

                   Cheers                         ML