Misc. replies and rebuttals

>Subject: Another Scoop
>
>I really want this compilation.  Will it fit (jewel cases?) in my rack?
>Someone please reply on this one.  I'm ready to order!

Sharon and/or Benjamin,

It depends on your rack. It doesn't come in a jewel box. The
packaging is very much like a miniature double LP, all cardboard,
plus (printed) paper sleeves for each CD. It's about 1/8" or 1/4"
taller than a jewel box, about a 1/4" shorter in breadth (left to
right), and a bit thinner in width. Hope that helps.

>Overall, I'm not too impressed with thewho.net lately.  On the other
>hand it is run as a hobby and has no advertising.  I know what its

Phil,

I don't know if these are the same people, but almost nine months
ago, I sent  petetownshend.net some improved (if not necessarily
corrected) lyrics for many Another Scoop songs. (Just try to tell me
you think their "Never Ask Me" lyrics are right.) I was promptly
thanked, but they never put them up.

>What about saps who shop in tacky chain CD stores & pay upwards
>of $15.00 for those things !  I try to tell people about independent CD
>stores & they just stare back with blank expressions. "No, I must buy my
>CD's at some kind of a mall conglomeration so I can really get screwed."
>Suit yourself, pal.

Schrade,

Whenever one of the clerks asks me, "Can I help you find something?"
I'm always tempted to say, "Yeah, a good price."

>Usually you guys get to see all the commercials with WHO music
>& I almost never see them (I try not to watch *too* much TV) but
>last night I *did* see the new Nissan commercial which uses parts
>of "Baba O'Riley."
>
>This embarrassing commercial features idiots driving around a field
>(a ha !) in Nissans & playing polo or something.  You know, arms out
>the window, swinging a mallet....absurd & cliche'.  Ah, advertising.....
>
>Worse yet, Roger's voice is not featured.  Just music.  Poop.
>
>Final grade for latest WHO-related TV commercial:  D-
>
>Next !!!!

I usually agree with about 90% of your analysis or reviews, but I
have to disagree with this one. The polo concept, while not being
terribly clever, doesn't bother me. Yes, they did miss their chance
to use the line, "Out here in the fields...". But I thought the field
(if you remove the cars) reminded me of the last scene in the
Quadrophenia movie (Jimmy on his scooter).

Besides, wouldn't you agree that a commercial with Who music is
better than one without?

Jim