thewho.net (was: Fwd: News article on Pete's Mozambique auction)

In article <20000509021046.58914.qmail@hotmail.com>,
    "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>  writes:

> Unfortunately when thewho.net is down, it's down.

I've offered before to mirror thewho.net as it is REALLY slow at
wasn't accepted.

I've also asked that my who page be added to the fan links page
several months ago and was told this would happen, but it didn't.

I also asked that "baba oriley" update his bootleg page to point to
mine where he snarfed the majority of the material for LP boots
wholesale without giving me any credit.  Instead he makes some vague
mention on his 'credits' page about me having disappeared off the net
when in reality I've been at one consistent address on the net for
probably longer than he's even been clued in.

Overall, I'm not too impressed with thewho.net lately.  On the other
hand it is run as a hobby and has no advertising.  I know what its
like to try and keep web pages going when its only just a hobby, so I
can sympathize, but that's why I offered to setup a mirror (virtually
no maintenance once setup, and adds redundancy which is always good).
I was told in email that the link updates would be done soon and this
was months ago.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,