Storytellers; Hands; Judement; Lyrics; Free Sex

> It *was* kinda lame.  Ho hum.

Scott:

I disagree. I enjoyed Storytellers both music and story.  So it's not The
Who...it was Pete Townshend solo!

> His rant, however, about BBE now seeming to be about "Europeans"
> in a fascist-leaning environment was a bit unsettling.

On the other hand, that explanation touched me. And I've never been to
Europe. I understood what he's saying here.

>Roger has nice soft hands if you look....

Patricia:

Yeah, NOW. I'm talking about when he played guitar and then stopped because
of his job...all of this LONG before there were any press photos or movies
featuring Rog.
And I'll admit, I've never really looked at his hands. Maybe if he was
playing guitar...

>Anyone care to inform me if there is a person out there who has done a
>synopsis of the correlation between The Wall and Tommy?

Oscar:

I did, here, not long ago. A couple of weeks ago, I think.

>why I was being critical, and why it mattered.

Vermont Kevin:

Yeah, me too. I've always been judgmental as Hell about Rock music, and
bands including The Who, and I don't know why other than I believe there's
more potential than is ever realized. Or at least, when exposed to something
like Quad I naturally want more and better to follow...something
extraordinary...instead of just great music. It's really hard for me to take
when someone like Zeppelin is considered to be so utterly fantastic when
their songs were inferior to those of The Who in every way except lead
guitar.

>and had about decided to point it out as one instance where his muse
>must've been temporarily absent.

Carolyn:

There are many, actually. But then again he has written stuff like:

"Dish me out another tailor-made compliment/Tell me about some destiny I
can't prevent..."

>lyrics.  My wife thinks it's one of Pete's worst.  She particularly
>dislikes "peeking 'round the door to see what parcels are for free in
>curiosity."

Brian:

But WHY? That's so perfect for describing children on Christmas morning. I
get a clear image in my mind during that entire part of the song. What I
don't like is "Tommy can you hear me" repeated a few too many times (IMHO).
If not for that, this song could have long since taken its place among the
annual parade of radio Christmas songs.

>"I'm not gonna teach them anything!  I'm gonna learn 'em!"

Maybe it's "Larn `em."

>thanks dave.....

Patricia:

Don't let Dave fool you, he's just hoping to get some free sex...

                       Cheers                                ML