Zelda and BTTB

>Speaking of great lyrics, how bout this one...
>
>"Don't let the violinist trouble your play/
>Fierce lookin' people but their manager's gay."

Cory:

Even better:

"Zelda screams not to touch her/But someday someone will fuck her..."

Now who else would write that about his niece? He's either a genius or a
madman.

>Maybe this is one of the overdubs Pete referred to in his online
cyberdiary.

Ballou:

Perhaps, but both guitars seem to be fully integrated into the song...that
is to say, take either away and something needed is missing. Also an overdub
is usually non-obtrusive, to the point of being subtle (so it's not noticed,
of course) and this is hardly the case here. Both of which led me to believe
it might not be an overdub but instead another guitarist. But I don't KNOW
and it could be an overdub cleverly added.

I have another comment on the set: The Real Me could have been great, but
Pete's guitar is far too missing. As it is now, I see it as a missed
opportunity. His guitarwork on this album, while not technically outstanding
by any standard, is reason to celebrate. Even on the Quad tour he wasn't
this powerful. I say again that this is what makes BTTB great instead of
good.

                Cheers                      ML