BTTB; "Thur's a-gonna be a hangin'"; a few one offs

> Quick three cents (inflation adjustment) on BTTB: I was a little
concerned
> about just how much keyboard would be in the mix.

Rob:

One of the reasons I like this live Who offering better than most is Pete's
guitar is more present than usual.

> 	All I can say is that I hang on every word Pete writes.

Kevin:

Sounds like a necktie party to me.

> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Yeah, I've been wondering about this.
> Storytellers proved he doesn't *have* to go to the primal yalt/scream.
And
> you're right, he seems to have started this during the Quad tour.  At
first
> I really didn't like it.  Now, it's growing on me a bit.  BUT after
watching
> Storytellers, I'm bummed at what we're missing when he reverts to the
> "screaming" style.

It's not harmonizing, that's for sure. It's OK when he's on his own, but
for ICE and AAA it doesn't work at all, IMHO.

> (not that Pete's is masturbatory)

Uh, all I can say is: Pictures Of Lily.

> 	BTW, why is your chin red?  ;-)

And are there millions of you?

> Maybe it's the fact that Storytellers was acoustic guitars, drum machines
> etc.and in front of a small crowd. With The Who , it's in front of a very
> loud band. It takes a lot to belt it out when your bands loud. The
monitors
> don't help when you have pent up energy you want to release.

another Kevin:

Yeah, but as the "world's loudest band" until Spinal Tap came around, he
didn't have to do it then.

> Anyway, who gives a shit !

I do. I want them to prove to the world they are what I've been saying they
are for 30 years: the greatest Rock band to ever walk the face of the
Earth.

> what if Pete's lead playing is too sloppy . Do you think Keith Richards
> played well on the last 10 Stones tours.

I don't know about all of them, but I did see a DVD of a recent tour and he
was quite good. I mean, considering he's been doing heroin for over 30
years (off and on).

> Hell No! Sloppy as ever. Jimmy Page
> with the Black Crowes at the Roseland in NYC.........sloppy.

He sucked on Net Aid.

> By the way FUCK Keith Richards and DOUBLE FUCK  Jimmy Page!  Pete blows
them

I'm no homophobe, but something about the above sentence bothers me...

> both away.

Oh. Never mind.

> Never thought of nuts as a set.

Even three can be a set.

> Did the Wall Of Sound article say that "Goin' Mobile" was on the disc?

Jon:

They must have meant Getting In Tune.

> near the end of the loud section on BBE?  Pete's on acoustic, Daltrey
ain't
> playing....must have been one of the touch ups.

Are you sure about that? I think Pete's there from the beginning, but there
are two guitars there.

            Cheers       ML