Re:Pete and lead guitar

What I and many others love about Pete's playing is that he has never
seen himself as, or claimed to be, a "lead" guitarist. One of the things
that drew me to The Who in 1975 was the lack of screaming, masturbatory
solos. Pete's combination of rhythm 'n' lead is what sets him apart
(check Steve Cropper for another master).At times,Pete has even been
quite self-deprecating about his attempts at "lead" solos.Many rock
greats are often just that because of their limitations,and who else
better to illustate this than the inimitable Keith Moon.