pt's solos

Okay I must disagree somewhat about Pete's soloing ability. I get sick of
reading (not necessarily on the list) that Pete can't solo. Yes he's no Joe
Satriani, but he has more feeling and he can come up with some of the most
astounding improv licks. But it's kinda like "hey, how'd I do that" because
he doesn't usually play it the same way twice.
For those of you who saw the Vegas show, he put on a fucking lead clinic
during WGFA. He played an incredible arpeggio-like riff laid over the
keyboard pattern that was mesmerizing. His solos tend to be somewhat atonal
and jazz-influenced, but he's been doing that since at least '79.