Re: Let's not be *too* critical

>> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Yeah, I don't think the singing is the weakest
> part.  The boys do *very* well with what they have which is allot. I fear
> saying this and it does pain me to say, but IMHO the weakest part these
> days.........gulp........has to be Pete's solo electric work.

You may be right (I may be crazy).

>  On rhythm riffs he flat out rocks
> like no other, but when it comes to dancing on the fret board.......there
> seems to be a bit of stumble-ig.  At times, Pete hits it.  At others, he
> fumbles a bit and I watch Roger staring at the guitar with a look on his
> face like "come on old git, you can do it".

I dig his soloing from '69 - '76.  Especially the '69 - '70 Gibson SG era.
And while not technically astounding, some of these solos make me
hop around with abandon.  The best soloing is on "Heaven & Hell,"
"Young Man Blues," & the noisy "Sparks" intro part.  The "improv"
songs.

The dips & dives, the screeches, the stops, the jazz-noodling, the shifts
in tone, the spaces where he allows the chord to sustain........these
solos (& the accompanying Moon/OX barrage) is Art, & It, for me.  There
is nothing more glorious & redeeming in life.

Besides, sloppy-shloppy.  Hendrix was sloppy, too.

> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I concur with your HO.  What 'cha think 'Schrade
> in Acron', does John need to be turned up??? ;-)

I'm sorry, what?  What did you say?  Yes, I'll have another......

- SCHRADE in Akron