RE: Let's not be *too* critical

>IMHO the weakest part these days.........gulp........has to be Pete's solo
>electric work.
>	OK, STOP THROWING BOTTLES!!!!

Oops!  Almost let fly with my bottle. ;)

>	Please don't get me wrong here.  I love Pete on guitar, especially
>electric.  But by his own admission, he has never been too nimble or swift
>of finger (we'll leave that to The OX).  On rhythm riffs he flat out rocks
>like no other, but when it comes to dancing on the fret board.......there
>seems to be a bit of stumble-ig.

No big deal.  I don't think the Who's sound or reputation either one is
built on how blazing fast Pete is on his guitar.  He's developed a very
distinctive style, and the deficiencies only show up when he plays something
standard that can be compared to, say, Stevie Ray Vaughn.  It's interesting
to hear him experiment, but I think it would be very hard for anybody to
follow Pete into his own territory.

keets