RE: Let's not be *too* critical

Well we all know that Pete was never a great lead guitarist but he is the best rhythm guitarist.

I think the weakest part of the band now is the drumming of Keith, for some reason his drumming has not been the same since 78. Its like he hit a creative wall or something. ;-)

I just love to see and hear the Who play. I don't care if they are in beds and hooked up to I.V.'s. I just love the Who in any form.

Dave

>>> "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org> 05/02/00 09:03AM >>>

> "Weakest part" my arse: Go Roger!
> Gary

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Yeah, I don't think the singing is the weakest
part.  The boys do *very* well with what they have which is allot. I fear
saying this and it does pain me to say, but IMHO the weakest part these
days.........gulp........has to be Pete's solo electric work.
	OK, STOP THROWING BOTTLES!!!!
	Please don't get me wrong here.  I love Pete on guitar, especially
electric.  But by his own admission, he has never been too nimble or swift
of finger (we'll leave that to The OX).  On rhythm riffs he flat out rocks
like no other, but when it comes to dancing on the fret board.......there
seems to be a bit of stumble-ig.  At times, Pete hits it.  At others, he
fumbles a bit and I watch Roger staring at the guitar with a look on his
face like "come on old git, you can do it".
	I'm thinking Pete has been concentrating much of his time on
acoustic work, and is now getting re-aquatinted with the bad-boy electric.
I'm very optimistic about the upcoming shows.
	OK, there I've said it.  Nail me to the cross.

>  they were certainly better live than The Beatles or The
> Stones at live vocals.
> -Brian in Atlanta

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Hands down!

> From: "Anne Holcomb" <Aholcomb@albion.edu>
> I too must speak out in defense of BBE....I think it is a beautiful song
> but then again I must agree with seth in that I have only been hearing it
> repeated for about 5 years..

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  How ironic, just as I was reading this, BBE
starts to play on the radio.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
	In the upcoming shows, I'd love to hear Bargain, Dr. Jeckle (is that
the title?), and YOUNG MAN BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
	  "You say she's a virgin, well I'm gonna be the first
in..........Her brother's gonna kill me,   OOOOooooo fuckin' will he!!!
	Wow, talk about powerful lyrics!!!

> Entwistle ALWAYS needs to be turned up, IMHO.
> Kent Kimes

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I concur with your HO.  What 'cha think 'Schrade
in Acron', does John need to be turned up??? ;-)

> Having heard Ozzy and wife on Howard Stern's show a couple weeks ago, I
> can pretty
> much guaran-dam-tee you he's not spending his time positioning light
> trusses for Pete.
> Cheers,
> Alan

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Yeah, wouldn't that be a kick.  Sounds from the
Stern shows that he has one cool and actually very normal family.  Very
happy for the Ozz man.

	HEY ILLIYA!!  Are you out there??
	I feel vindicated!  A while back you asked "which band continued
best what The Who started".  My answer was The Sex Pistols.
	I don't know if you get VH1 in Romania, but in Storytellers Pete
states that The Sex Pistols are the only other band other than The Who that
had a manifesto.
	I'm taking that as an affirmation.

	Stay in tune,
	Kevin in VT.