Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #111

I too must speak out in defense of BBE....I think it is a beautiful song but then again I must agree with seth in that I have only been hearing it repeated for about 5 years...I think I love it because to me it's very strong lyrically and I think the music and singing both contribute to that to create an overall impression.  That leads me to a good question for everyone....as an overzealous English major, I pay a lot of attention to lyrics and tend to overlook musical and vocal weaknesses if the lyrics are striking to me.  What are everyone's favorites? WHere is pete at his most poetic? any opinions? Any time when the music doesn't quite match up?
(of course lets not forget the lyrics of the OX.....creepycrawlycreepycrawlycreepycreepy.........etc :) )
ANNE