Re: Schrade nails it and QUAD footage?

> Here's what I've heard.  After the recording of Quadrophenia in 1973,
> The Who then tried to film an in-studio performance of Quadrophenia for
> use as music videos.  This was the incident where Roger punched Pete's
> lights out.  What started it was that The Who ran through about half of
> Quad, then Roger found out the film crew hadn't yet shot anything.  He
> got mad and started yelling at them about how he was ruining his voice
> for nothing.  Pete, drunk as he was at this time whenever he was with
> The Who, started going after Roger with a cold cocking as the result.
> It appears the filming was canceled before anything was shot.

	WELL, from what I read in the Who biography called "Before I Get Old",
the incident happened as a result of Pete and Roger getting into an
arguement when Pete started yelling at Roger like he would one of the
road crew, to which Roger responded "don't treat ME like you do the road
crew"!!
	All of this was during one of the last rehearsals just prior to the
first Quadrophenia tour.  Just after Roger quiped the above remark to
Pete, Pete then took his guitar and bumped it into Roger very, VERY
hard, to which then Roger went beserk onto Pete, putting Pete in to the
emergency ward.
	A bit later on, Roger remarked "Pete should have remembered that I'm
from the streets"!

								Joseph Manfredi