The Light; Turn the Page; Talmy

> Maybe.  We'll have to see how it goes.

Keets:

Well, let me make it clear: we WANT to see you here for WhoFest. We welcome
all ("All welcome, all welcome, come into the light...") and wish we could
communicate better how good it was for us last year, so you'll feel more
inclined to join together with us.

> I haven't heard anyone mention the two biggest downsides to a combined
Black
> Crowes/Page and Who tour -- 1) the likelihood of a shorter set; 2) the
> likelihood of more expensive tickets.

Ballou:

You forgot 3) Jimmy Page. Pete's a better lead player than JP is these days
(anyone see Net Aid?) and the Crowes are better without him anyway. I saw
Zep and The Who the same year (`75), and The Who were much superior. Much.
And that was a very good year for Zep.

> "To be honest with you, the only way to describe
> it is someone has made a meal out of a snack, do
> you know what I mean?"

I do, Jimmy. It means you're a Twinkie.

> "Never mind about The Who and all the rest of it.

I think not.

> get go. It'd be like the Who signing on Shel Talmy to produce their new
> album.

Kent:

I know you meant this as an extreme example, but you know...it might not be
such a bad idea. That might be one way we finally get MG remixed (as part
of the deal), and then they can do a "Beach Boys" thing and use a fake
board for Talmy, while in reality producing it themselves.

> Bolton, isn't it?  Steve?

Keets:

It sure as Hell ain't Michael!

> He thinks people are putting him down by suggesting he should open for
The
> Who.

When actually he's lucky anyone wants to hear him these days.

> So I really think It was more the statement of Opening for the Who that
lit
> a fire under Page's keester.

Andrew:

I think you're right, because a similar thing happened with Ray Davies once
upon a time. Although a Kinks/Who ticket would have been fantastic.

       Cheers                  ML