Re: police

In a message dated 3/3/00 12:45:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kkimes@onestop.com writes:

<< Heard the Police's Synchronicity, Part II on the radio today for the first
 time in ahwile, and thought it has a certain Who quality to it: ringing
 chords, somewhat chaotic drumming.
 What really struck me was the device of constructing a string of different
 chords around the same bass notes/chord base that Pete often uses. Anybody
 agree?

 Kent Kimes >>

I think that's a really good observation, and one that hadn't come to my mind
until I read your post.  I look at The Police in much the same way that I
look at one of my very favorite bands, Pearl Jam.  In each case, by and
large, each album was better than the last.  I think PJ is getting better
with each release.  Stewart Copeland is a measured, but truly outstanding
drummer.  And, of course, Andy Summers is an alum of the finest university in
the U.S. (Cal State Northridge)

ChicoTodd (CSUN Class of 1992)