RE: A whole lot of Who stuff goin' on.

> From: "Anne Holcomb" <Aholcomb@albion.edu>
> Subject: I think we all have something in common!
> Hello all...
> I have been subscribing to this list for about a month now, but have never
> written anything because at first I felt like I didn't know enough Who
> stuff!

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Welcome Anne!  Don't let that ever stop you from
sharing these sorts of experiences!  After all, that's why we became Who
fans.  We realized we were not alone.

> I just thought everyone might like to hear my story of how I started
> listening to the Who.  I think it proves the existence of fate and
> predestination.
> Thanks for listening, and hello all!
> Anne

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I relate to your story of Quad/Who discovery
fully!  Although a bit older (34 now) my introduction into Quad was no less
a pivotal point in my life.  I had already fallen in love with Tommy, and
was beginning to explore some "early" Who as well as LAL.  I was going
through a very rough time back in 1980 (beginning "High" School)....fighting
with my dad, tossed out of the house, disillusioned with x-girl friends and
developing a general anger/feeling of "how come all the girls come on oh so
cool, but when you meet them, every one's a fool (attended a very rich and
pretentious h-school).  I was beginning to hate school....I fit in
everywhere, yet didn't fit in anywhere.  I was beginning to go "out of my
brain on the 5:15".  My good buddy Stu (I'll mention him later in this post)
who is a year+ older than me, saw clearly what was happening, and also could
relate.  I remember the day very clearly as we discussed The Who and he
realized I hadn't heard Quad yet.  His eyes lit up like a Doctor who just
realized the diagnosis and treatment.  I remember the hand off.....a
cassette in Black and White from his hand to mine.  I thought at the time,
'ok, I'll give it a try'.
	When I listened, my life changed.
	How could this be possible, that there is someone who is writing
this type of personal stuff?  The same stuff I'm going through.  The same
feelings!! **AND attaches it to the best rock music I've heard!!!  From that
day on, Pete became my mentor (well....yeah, I'll say that).  Lines like
"I'm crazy mom help me. I know how it feels son, 'cause it run's in the
family"  OR  "they finally threw me out, my mom got drunk on Stout, my dad
couldn't stand on two feet as he lectured about morality"  really hit home.
"I'm One" was the hook.  First Pete related to me, then he showed me the
way.  Never before or since has music made such an impact on me.  I listen
to allot of different stuff (usually Punk or music that has an edge of
discontent), but still can't find anything that comes close.  You can
imagine my joy when the boys decided to come back and do a Quad tour.  THAT
was heaven.
	As for Stu, I returned the favor by buying the Quad on CD for his
birthday several years ago.  He, like me, covets Quad with due reverence as
the greatest rock masterpiece of all time.

> From: Marc/Carolyn Hurwitz <hurwitz@ieee.org>
> I am thoroughly confused.  I could have sworn that the original price of
> LIFEHOUSE CHRONICLES was 60 pounds plus shipping.  Now, when I go to
> eelpie.com, I see the price listed as 40 pounds--and *no* shipping cost,
> VAT, or anything!

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  It has always been 40 quid, but *NO* shipping
cost now????  Doesn't the Royal Mail want to get paid??

> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Hey all!  My BBC CD(s).  Want to shout out a
> thanks to
> Caryn (I think that's who it was) and others

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I'm thinking now it was Carolyn.  Thanks for
your work on this!

> And as a present for him, there an announcement of The Who's summer tour
> at
> http://www.billboard.com/daily/2000/0229_01.asp
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]   Oooooooo the excitement mounts!  I would hope
that for those shows that have both The Who and Page/Crows,  that it's
Page/Crows opening for our boys!    I can't figure out how I feel about this
yet.  What I *do* know is I'm psyched for The Who!

> From: "Derick Bhupsingh" <circles01@hotmail.com>
> Subject: February-Most posts ever?
> It's been a great month . I have never read or seen so many posts on
> the list for a long time. Could it be a record month? I have enjoyed
> every minute of it. Kep up the good work.:

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Couldn't agree with you more about this Derick
(in Miami  :)
	I especially like the fact that more and more "new" folk are feeling
comfortable enough to post their views, thoughts, insights.  We all need to
keep fostering this sort of thing.

	The boot debate:  I get to feeling torn about this thing.  My buddy
Stooooooo is a man of limited means (like I'm filthy rich) which is keeping
him from currently buying LH.  I desperately want to share LH with him and
be able to share the joy, and discuss aspects, etc.(we've both been waiting
a long, long time for this).  I won't copy it for him, and I know he won't
ask or accept a copy.  He'll buy it eventually.  In the mean time, he's
planning on trecking up here to VT for a weekend of Whodom and Lifehouse
listening.  What I *have* done is copy Hooligan's for him.  It's out of
print, and impossible to find.  I was lucky enough to run into a copy at our
local used CD store.  Whooligans has always been our favorite "mix" and both
of our cassette copies are trashed.

	Stay in Tune, thanks for listening to me get all mushy about Quad,
	Kevin in VT.