Re: Concert merchandise

The radio station given out the stuff was 97.9 The
Lup, they had the posters and the World was supposed
to give them out after the show, but the morons cant
get that right.  after the show me and my buds were
looking for them and the staff of the World said they
had given them out earlier.  i was annoyed.  if u
really need a poster, if u know where Music Warehouse
in Downers grove is, on the corner of Lemont and 75th
street, go there.  they were giveing out coupons and
stuff afterwards, along with posters.  just a thought,
if not, call 97.9 and then the World and bitch, but
only if ur really desperate.  (i would send u a poster
but i only got 1 :(  )

Sid in Chicago

--- "Seth ." <m00nthel00n@hotmail.com> wrote:
>    This Is my first major venue concert with a good
> deal of overpriced
> merch.  But I was wondering about how much money one
> should bring to pick up
> a few shirts a program and  other things to really
> remember the tour..... I
> only think I will be able to see the band once this
> year and I don;t want to
> forget it...
>     Thanks for all of the great reviews
>      -Seth
>    6 more days
>

> >From: Jim Topp <jtopp@indiana.edu>
> >To: TheWho@igtc.com
> >Subject: Concert merchandise
> >Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:02:01 -0500
> >
> >Good morning, shoppers!
> >
> >Here's a partial list of the merchandise for sale
> at the Chicago
> >concert. Obviously, it may be different where you
> see the Who.
> >
> >T-shirts: most $30
> >
> >- Pete's guitar smashing silhouette (like
> thewhodirect.com logo) over
> >red and blue circles on front, Union Jack/stars &
> stripes/maple leaf
> >design on back with list of tour cities (including
> Toronto
> >!?)(without dates) circling the design, on white
> shirt.
> >
> >- same as above, except with blank back and red
> trim around the neck
> >and sleeves. ($35)
> >
> >- Odds & Sods cover on front, photo of Bob Pridden
> in football helmet
> >(from O&S back cover) on back, on khaki shirt.
> >
> >- The Who Sell Out cover on front, back cover on
> back, on gray shirt.
> >
> >- Flyer of old Who show, maybe something similar on
> the back, on black
> >shirt
> >
> >- Live At Leeds article from NME (I think), on
> reddish-maroon shirt.
> >
> >- At least one or two others.
> >
> >Program: $20
> >
> >- 40 pages (counting front and back), Live At
> Leeds-type cover,
> >obviously lots of pictures, early through recent,
> text by Matt Kent
> >(which I haven't read yet), lots of pictures of
> not-so-common record
> >sleeves including singles, imports, and bootlegs,
> plus full page ads
> >for Blues To The Bush, Lifehouse Chronicles, and
> UnAmerican (the
> >opening band).
> >
> >Lifehouse Chronicles (6 CD box set): $90
> >
> >UnAmerican CD: $15
> >
> >Autographed Poster of John Entwistle art: $15
> >
> >- 24" x 18" (I'm guessing), head portraits of the
> four original
> >members. Seemed like a good price, if you like that
> sort of thing.
> >
> >Also black jacket, gray fishing cap, black baseball
> cap, blue mug, a
> >lighter, pins. I usually don't get this kind of
> stuff, so I didn't
> >get all the prices.
> >
> >Other notes:
> >
> >- Some of the booths took credit cards.

> [...]

=====
Life is a dark, desolate plain.  Life is also a bright and shinning garden.  Which one you live is up to you.--bJb