Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #165

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:04:40 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Wawzenek
<brazenek@yahoo.com> , late of Pablo Fanques Fair wrote:

>Although I do agree with some of you that young people
>can be really annoying at concerts (with the whistling
>and "wooooo's" during quiter moments), I must say that
>while I was having the absolute time of my life
>watching the who kick off their tour yesterday I was
>more annoyed and disgusted by what I saw 50 and 40
>year olds doing.  Many of them were completely stoned
>off their asses or drunk beyond belief.  One bald guy
>in fornt of me spilled beer all over everyone around
>him and the proceeded to moves his hand wildly in
>front of him, barely missing clobbering some fans in
>front of him.  It was a pathetic sight to see (and
>also mind-boggling: why would anyone pay that kind of
>money to see the who and then get so plastered so they
>won't remember any of what went on?).

Possibly for the same reason that Pete went through a period when he
got so plastered that he doesn't remember anything that he did.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/