today's note from Pete

>From Pete - Chicago Monday 26 June

Well we're off. It was really noisy last night, the band and the crowd.
I came off the stage with my head screaming, and as with the recent
indoor shows we've done, it is as much from the noise of the hall as
the sound on stage. My amps were set at number '3'..... not like the
old days.  John's new rig sounds great I think, and although I couldn't
hear Rabbit all that well (I'm having him moved closer to me tomorrow
in Detroit) what I did hear was increcible, he is such a master
musician.

For a first show it wasn't bad, a little out of control maybe, but I
had fun.

Jimmy Page and The Black Crows came to watch some of our set, you may
know that we are touring alongside them on this tour. I hope to catch
their set really soon.

I took a bit of MiniDV footage on the stage last night, but when I got
back it seemed that nothing I filmed on stage came out. I have a bit of
the middle of Wont Get Fooled Again. It was pretty humid, maybe that
stalled the camera.

But I am going to get you some diary footage if it kills me.........
soon, I promise.

I have a lot of good friends in Chicago, and I have day off today, so
I'm going to do a bit of writing, hang out, edit some video and make
some calls.

Have a good day

             Pete