re- Origins of Heavy Metal

I can't say where Heavy Metal began,but looking and listning to some
of their early work The Who no doubt contributed and or influenced it
from early on. The Richmond Jazz and blues festival in 1965 gives a good
look and proves this, also the recording of 'The Ox'. If that ain't
Metal what is? And of course the incredible LAL. Charles Shaar Murray
in 1975 wrote that The Who had the loudest 'Heavy Metal Roar' he had
ever heard after seeing them at Wembley arena. (NME writer) I think
when they get into a jam they can play as hard and rock as hard as
anyone can if not blowing away all competitors too,it's just that that's
not what they are really all about. This tour should  provide some
interesting moments!
Regards,
Derick.