Heavy Metal; Speechless in South Carolina; Where is section 117 (near Hanger 18)???

>'Oo in 1968. This makes me think that the who was the first band to use
>the galloping bass in rock music. Am I right?

Lucas:

I  don't know about the bass, but I'd say the first Heavy Metal was the My
Generation album itself. Speaking purely if we assume the first Black
Sabbath album was Metal, and I think we can agree on that. The music,
anyway...the "dark" and Satanic trappings all came with Sabbath, which might
be a legitimate claim for first true Metal band. Some might argue it was
Blue Cheer, but again there's that demon Who influence cropping up (Cheer's
first single was a definite Who-type Summertime Blues a year after The Who
came charging through the US playing it)

>influence.  This sounds like a mixture of heavy metal bass lines to me.
The
>first part of it is 70ish, and the quick part at the end more 80ish--is
that

Keets:

To me, Melancholia sounds more like Cream (same time period) than anything
else. Politician, for instance.

>How dare you talk about Skynyrd.

Jon:

I'm currently working on a satrical "tribute" album I want to call "Play
Freebird" by Leonerd Skinnerd (that's me, folks), in which (very much like
Stairways To Heaven, if you've heard it) we play different LS songs by
different artists, like say Free Bird by Dylan. That Smell by The Doors. You
get the idea. I hope to have it done by Christmas; we'll see.

>you had 1% the respect that we all have for Mark

Kevin:

Wow, I'm speechless (good thing I'm writing). I really contributed as much
as Dan to this, although I was perhaps more humorous in my comments (at
least I attempted to be), and I'm flattered (no jesting here) that any of
you guys have respect for me at all after some of the notes I've sent. I
will try to live up to it, even at the sacrifice of some humorous remarks.
Anyway, thanks. I don't deserve it.

And now for something completely different; I got my tickets for Atlanta,
but what a pain in the ass! $250 tickets! It seemed so unrealistic, so I
passed on them. However, it then took almost an hour to make the woman
understand what "Center stage, as close to the front as possible" means. In
the end, I had to give up and take "best available," which is Section 117
Row W Seats 7 & 8. I don't know what that means in regard to the stage, and
would appreciate some enlightment if any can shed some light.
Hey, I've seen the band four other times already...what do I care...at least
I'm there.

                Cheers                                      ML