Live Music

I saw this in an email from Infobeat.  Pretty
interesting.

Hearing aids help bootleggers, too....NEW YORK (AP) -
A system designed to help the hearing-impaired at
concerts has provided bootleggers with a new tool to
make illegal live recordings of exceptional quality,
according to the record industry. This latest wrinkle
in the multimillion-dollar bootlegging industry takes
advantage of a federal law requiring arenas to offer
patrons use of an assistive listening device (ALD).
"We know through criminal investigations and
informants that this is a common practice," said Frank
Creighton, senior vice president of anti-piracy at the
Recording Industry Association of America. Bootleggers
can simply request an ALD headset, which provides a
high-quality feed of a live show via a low-level FM
frequency broadcast inside a facility. The music
pirates then steal the headset feed, giving them
concert performances devoid of the usual bootleg
problems such as random crowd noise or distortion,
Creighton said.

For more gor to
www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2568543557-45b.

Any WHO stuff out there yet, or coming up?  Anybody
heard any recordings from this source from any bands?  Thanks