George Davis

If I remember rightly,George davis was a London Cab driver who was
allegedly framed for armed robbery or something similar. Whilst in jail
his family and friends launched a 'free George davis' campaign which
did get some public support and a fair amount of press. This then became
major news when during the Who's British tour of 1975 Roger wore the
Tour T shirt with the letters of support. (Hammersith odeon and others)
Some other people even took it a step further,a group of people actually
put on a play in the east end of London at the half moon theatre called
'George Davis is innocent' which I went to once. (quite good) I was able
to buy posters of the same play which I presented to Roger thru an aide
in Paris in 1976. Did not meet Rog! I wonder if He still has em ?
That year,Davis was freed from jail and was supposedly 'guest of honour'
at one of the Who's stadium concerts, Who put the boot in.Can't remember
which one.Maybe Charlton. Never heard of Davis again after that.
Please update/correct.
Regards,
Derick.