Re: One of the elite; Napstermath; Tanglewood released

> >Everybody will switch to Guntilla.
>
>See my remark to Jon above.

As I understand it, there's a fundamental difference between the way
Gnutella and Napster work.  Napster is clearly making a profit on the file
sharing because all the traffic passes through Napster servers.  They can
charge for the service, and for that same reason they're easy to shut down
with an injunction.

Gnutella (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) is software that will handle a
specific websearch for you (regardless of target).  The search and retrieval
doesn't pass through central servers, and it's not specific to MP3 files.
Much tougher for RIAA to make their case for something so general.

keets