greatest rock n' roll moment on tv

This is a list at the vh1 site

http://www.vh1.com/thewire/news/article.jhtml;$sessionid$SCJE4GYAAAPZSCQBAGDSFEQ?ID=707

Can you believe some idiot thinks that Madonna can
possibly top ANYTHING done by The Who?

1. The Beatles' debut on The Ed Sullivan Show, 1964.

2. Elvis Presley's comeback special on NBC, 1968.

3. MTV launches with first video "Video Killed the
Radio Star" by the Buggles, 1981.

4. Saturday Night Live premieres, showcasing musical
acts each week, 1975.

5. Motown 25 special featuring Michael Jackson's first
moonwalk, 1983.

6. Dick Clark's American Bandstand series premieres,
1957.

7. Live Aid aired by ABC and MTV, 1985.

8. Madonna rolls around the stage in a wedding gown
singing "Like a Virgin" on the MTV Video Awards, 1984.

9. Elvis Presley performs on The Ed Sullivan Show,
shown only from the waist up, 1956.

10. The Who's use of too many explosives ending their
performance on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour,
1967.

11. Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video debuts on MTV,
1983.

12. Elton John performs his "Candle in the Wind"
remake at the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales,
1997.

13. The Monkees TV series premieres, 1966.

14. John Lennon and Yoko Ono co-host a week of The
Mike Douglas Show, 1972.

15. The Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Chuck Berry, and
James Brown perform on The T.A.M.I. Show on ABC, 1964.

16. The Doors' Jim Morrison sings, "Girl we couldn't
get much higher," on The Ed Sullivan Show after
censors tell the band not to do so, 1968.

17. Dancer with "Soy Bomb" written on his chest
crashes Bob Dylan's Grammy Awards performance, 1998.

18. Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video debuts
on MTV, 1991.

19. Musicians tape the "We Are the World" video, 1985.

20. James Brown appears live at the Boston Garden
after Martin Luther King's assassination, 1968.