IOW DVD vs CD

In my gitters of anticipation (Irvine is on the Verizon, er,  horizon) I
found myself at the local Tower, vascillating between the DVD and CD
versions of the IOW concert.  Got the DVD player for Christmas and hadn't
bought a disc for it yet (if the wife plays Titanic one more time I'm gonna
freak!).  The fact that Naked Eye is on the CD but nut on the DVD made the
decision tough, but in the end I went with the movie.
Good choice on the surface, cause you get to see Moon and the rest in fine
form (although John looked like a sack of bones ;-). And, though I never
really loved Water before, I do after this.   The Tommy section seemed
awfully abreviated though, and I'm wondering how much of it was cut.
Anyone out there checked out both and have an opinion?  I'm already bleedin'
from the wallet but am considering getting the CD anyway. Any thoughts?
Less than a month now......
Cory (in Calif.)