No Subject

SCORES of Rollingstone.com readers were appalled at flippant remarks on
the website earlier this month over the trampling deaths of eight rock
fans at the Roskilde Festival in Denmark. A website column by Michael
Krugman and Jason Cohen said, "Man-o-Manischewitz, are we glad we didn't
go to Roskilde! ... we feel really bad for Eddie [Vedder] & Co. (not to
mention the families, etc.) but look on the bright side: Pearl Jam have
always wanted to be the Who." That was a reference to the eleven Who
fans crushed to death at a 1979 concert in Cincinnati. The callous
remark inspired a barrage of angry e-mails, including one from
"glittyk," a self described member of the "Jamily" - short for Pearl Jam
family - who railed, "I promise to spit on your magazine whenever I see
it ... were you there? No! Did you feel the fear of not being able to
breathe ... did you scream your guts and feel the fingernails of people
clawing at you to move so they could breathe? Did you see the lifeless
bodies, the blood, the tears the pain? No you didn't, but I did ..."
Krugman and Cohen penned a mea culpa a few days later, but added, "While
we are apologetic, we are not going to tolerate sanctimony and smugness,
especially from anyone who claims to be a member of something called
‘The Jamily.'"

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
         http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm