A little Napster in the night

Just a couple of things I have run across regarding Napster: in 1996 REM
signed an $80 million deal with Warner Bros. That breaks down to a $10 mill
advance for five albums, $10 signing bonus, and $20 in royalties from their
first five albums. So I guess somebody is making money from the labels.
Especially considering how poor their music has been since 1996.
The other concerns B Real (sp) from Cypress Hill, who is currently on the
Napster tour with Limp Bizkit. He told Howard Stern he felt the fans would
buy the music anyway, to which Howard responded: "I download all the time
and don't buy anything." When asked about what he'd do when the money dried
up, BR said: "I've got mine.' Someone who obviously doesn't care about any
performer but himself, and doesn't really understand what's going on here.

> My guess is that the swing will begin after the conventions, and
> accelerate with the debates. In the debates it will be hard to hide
> the fact that Bush has the brain of a carrot. Approximately.

Kevin:

Very well put. I think you're 100% correct. I also think "carrot" is less
approximate and more dead on, but that's just IM(not-so)HO.

> would vote for ? Is our children Learning ? Please, do these guys
> actually say these things ?

Derick:

He did indeed say the things I've been using as my sig. Maybe he should try
for president of V-8 Industries instead of the USA.

In the meantime, circumstances dictate that I won't be at the Houston show
after all, much to my disappointment. I just can't get the timing to work
out. I was looking forward to seeing some of you more western US fans, but I
just can't do it at this time. But I'll still be at Atlanta.

"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"
                           George W. Bush, Presidential candidate

        Cheers                 ML